Thursday, December 16, 2010

Good Review of "Patience With God"

PATIENCE WITH GOD was reviewed in the 12/3 Santa Fe New Mexican: “Patience with God is the middle ground between Rick Warren and Christopher Hitchens, a measured alternative to what has begun to feel like strictly black-and-white arguments that conflate religion with politics, assume all Christians have identical beliefs, and seem to require all Americans to make a dichotomous choice between moral tradition and Godless progress…Schaeffer’s voice is casual but firm. You don’t have to agree with him, but he isn’t easily dismissed.”

To buy the book "click" HERE

4 comments:

Me said...

I LOVED PwG because it deals with where I am NOW and have been since Fundamentalism proved to be such a disappointment in the way it DOESN'T deal with real life but instead, chooses the closest and deepest bunker to hid from ordinary life.

Frank Schaeffer said...

Hi Me: thanks for the kind comment, Very Best, Frank

Pastor Richard said...

Excellent Book! How we receive God and how we treat others regardless of their beliefs is what matters.

blondannas said...

I am so glad that I discovered you on HP. I think that we share an opinion on God too. To me religion has turned into something hateful which is a shame. (I am a former Catholic school product). I am now comfortable as a pre-Council of Nicea Christian, before the prelates and politicians. The message of Jesus is Love. That is what I believe. That is not the message of religion today. I am much fonder of Christopher Hitchens than I am of the pope.