Monday, January 3, 2011

Speaking Tour for SEX, MOM and GOD

Hi, Frank Schaeffer here:

Happy New Year! I'm setting up my 2011 book tour/speaking tour to launch my new book "SEX, MOM and GOD: How the Bible's Strange Take on Sex Led to Crazy Politics--and How I Learned to Love Women (and Jesus) Anyway."

I'd like your help. Do you have a connection to an event, college, church, or other group you'd like me to speak to and that might invite me?

The dates I'm hoping to fill are between May 10 (the day my new book comes out) to the end of the year.

Contact me soon at frankaschaeffer@aol.com if you'd like to talk about this before my calendar fills up.

You may also pre-order my new book on Amazon HERE.

I speak at colleges, churches, events and will be talking about the connection between political and sexual dysfunction as this sexual/political dysfunction motivates the religious right and the hatred, fear, myth and paranoia they cling to. Why is religion such a life long prison for so many perople?

I think there is an alternative to religion-inspired fear: a deeper connection with God and Love that leads full lives and also to sane reality-based politics. I believe we must push back against religious right mythology and willful (homophobic and misogynist) ignorance and fear. It destroys individual lives. It threatens America.

Having once been a leader on the other -- and wrong -- side I think I can help provide a counter-argument that is effective. That's what my new book, "Sex, Mom and God" will do -- besides (I hope) -- make my readers laugh out loud!

(If you want to see/hear the way I approach these things there are plenty of examples, interviews on NPR with Terri Gross on "Fresh Air" etc., that you may check out on my website frankschaeffer.com.)

Again, if you want to contact me, please e-mail me at frankaschaeffer@aol.com (but not at the e-mail address used to send you this group e-mail) and we can set something up.

Thank you for considering ways to help me launch this speaking tour,
Very Best,
Frank

frankschaeffer@aol.com

2 comments:

Sally said...

Καλά Χριστούγεννα και Ευτυχισμένο το Νέο Έτος

cyn said...

I know your busy but was wondering if you saw this at HuffPo:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/07/bill-zeller-dead-princeto_n_805689.html

Be prepared to read this man's suicide note, and the pain he suffered from being raped as a child. But what has me so angry about what Mr. Zoller shared in his suicide letter is that his parents were strict fundamentalist Christians, who only saw the world as black and white. You will not forget these words after reading his last thoughts.

Peace Frank. Love your work!